Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
St Bede’s Catholic School and Byron Sixth Form College is committed to maintain and develop Catholic Education within East Durham. The message of ‘Christ at the Centre’ is held at the core of of Careers Education within the school.
Our CEIAG Intention is:
To deliver, promote and inspire the highest quality careers education, St Bede’s is committed to delivering all aspects of careers education, information, advice a guidance with faith and reason, through promotion of excellence and determination.
To ensure Careers Education Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) is central to curriculum design, enabling all pupils to make informed choices about which subjects to study, and understanding established pathways into education, careers and independence.
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
We believe that effective careers education and guidance not only contributes to the well-being of individuals but also to the well-being of their families, the communities to which they belong, wider society, businesses and the economy. We encourage our students to investigate their passions and God given talents promoting life long learning, always in search of opportunities.
Our CEIAG offer includes as a minimum;
- One to one unbiased, independent careers advice at critical transition points.
- Careers education delivered through the PSHE programme, from Yr7 –Yr13.
- Ambtion programme to promote Higher Education opportunities from Yr7 –Yr13
- Opportunities to develop employability skills throughout the curriculum.
- Careers support throughout Yr9 options programme, Yr 11 transition and Yr 13 UCAS applications.
- Career opportunities with the curriculum.
- Up to date LMI data to help inform choices.
- Work experience opportunities for all Yr 10 and Yr11 students.
- Opportunities to meet with employers.
For further information please contact
Mrs T Robinson, Career Lead
T: 0191 587 62200