The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
- Mrs F.Craik is Head of School
- Mrs Joann Fishwick is our designated SEND Governor
- Mrs E. Robson is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEND
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 0191-587 6220 or sending an email to: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.