Careers education at St Bede’s and Byron College is provided to enable students to become more proactive in their decision-making and to provide them with the tools they need to plan for their futures.
Below are a few web-links that may be of use to either pupils or parents or pupils in planning for the future.
In addition, it is worth noting that we have recently gained the Investors in Careers Award, Level 2, to acknowledge the commitment the school has made to providing careers education.
We currently provide:-
- An impartial careers advisor, who sees students on a referral basis, as well as interviewing Year 10 and Year 13 students.
- A programme of careers education through SPD programme.
- Support at key times such as during Year 9 Options Process, and to aid transitions between Year 11 and Byron.
- A college day for Year 10, to let them experience some of the life of a Year 12 student.
- A comprehensive and well-supported programme through Byron College to aid students with their UCAS applications for University.