Give for mental wellbeing
As members of our school community you are already aware of the importance of giving. Small acts of kindness towards other people give us a purpose and make everyone involved feel good.
Putting a smile on somebody’s face during this time is invaluable. There are a number of ways you can do this as there are many different acts of kindness. You can make it fun by placing a number of ideas in a jar or box and taking a lucky dip to determine what act of kindness you carry out. To help with ideas, there is the beginning of a list of kind ideas below:
- help your household cook a meal
- tidy your bedroom
- contact a relative to ask how they are
- donate to a local foodbank *Please note: Only donate to a local foodbank with the permission of a responsible adult.
- put the clean laundry away
- tell a member of your household something you are grateful for
- contact a friend and ask how they are
- if you know a key worker, contact them and say, ‘thank you’.
- wash the dishes/fill the dishwasher